I had the day off today, and boy did I put it to great use! Here’s what I got done today:
1. FINISHED THE TRACK FOR MY SONG “SAY IT,” FINALLY AFTER SO MANY WEEKS OF TRYING! This track was driving me nuts because I’d listen to it and think it was good the way it was, then listen to it again and have a nagging feeling it needed to be tweaked and filled out more, but I never knew what to do with it until today when I fixed the beat to be a little different than the same old dance beat and added a string part that really gives the chorus some more urgency and meat. Whether it’s the absolute best it could be remains to be seen, but I think people will really like it and it will be great once I put vocals on it and play with those vocals in the studio. This might be a very auto-tuned song, but it will be on purpose.
2. Finally made the facebook event page for our big house party concert coming up on December 19th and invited all 1400-something of my facebook friends. I had been meaning to do that for a couple weeks and now it’s finally done. It prompted someone I met at a networking event to get back in touch with me, which is awesome. I think since the show’s free and on a Saturday night we’ll get a much better turnout than usual, and I’m looking forward to that.
3. Rescheduled the band rehearsal to a different space and notified the band.
4. Caught up on allllllll the emails I hadn’t answered from last Wednesday to now (fan mail and personal). Everyone wants a piece of me this week. Oyoyoy. But fun stuff ahead! I LOVE that my fans are really starting to keep in touch with me regularly and on an ongoing basis, and are writing back to my fan emails. That was the idea all along!
5. Added new fans to my email list, yay! I’m getting better at getting people on my list, which is great because that’s the most important place for them to be if they really want to stay up to date on what I’m up to!
6. Finished writing my parody song that I’ll upload to YouTube soon. Glad it’s still in the iTunes top ten! Got to tape and upload it quickly though…
7. Got the final details ironed out for my private show coming up. This one will be a lot of fun and will generate some great YouTube videos for me to upload! And hopefully they’ll also be good for using to book more private shows like this one!
8. Worked out my look for the private show. It looks great. Includes a new silver sparkle hoodie I found over the weekend (at the same shopping complex where I found my other one!), which has way more sparkles on it than the other one. I’m so excited to debut the look!
9. Pre-purchased distribution for my forthcoming album (now 75% DONE!) from TuneCore to get the 25% savings on it. Can’t believe it will finally be time to put it out there soon! Also can’t believe how late it is given the deadline I gave myself of late September, hehe.
So it was a great day and I feel great for having accomplished so much. I still have SO many things I want to do tomorrow, like practice for my show, upload a lot of YouTube vlog/rants on various topics, upload the new music I have to share, and on and on. But for now, what I got done today will have to do. See you at my show on December 19th!